About Me

My photo
Richmond, Virginia, United States
Will be in school forever. Done trying to be a Wendy.

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

either way i'm going to feel like shit tomorrow

Late night reading McSweeney's and watching clips from Ken Robinson lectures. He makes dad jokes, you know I like that. I feel like I keep repeating myself. Because I am.

0. Six discussion board threads.

1. Two-three page paper:

Five categories of instructional strategies and explanation of these five categories can be found within this site. The following link provides information on strategies and methods
First go to the link below and review the various strategies and methods.
http://olc.spsd.sk.ca/DE/pd/instr/categ.html
In each strategy there are examples of various method.
Based on the reading from our texts which method or methods in each strategy best fits today's learner and why?
Make your own order of teaching method priority related today's learner for instance is Direct Instruction at the top and Interactive at the bottom of the scale?

2.One page paper on what type of learner I am and whether I think students in five years will be successful at that type of learning. Am I supposed to say no? I could certainly write more.


Not related.

Have I become a more or less honest person? I would say generally I am very honest, but I also have a desire to spare feelings and preserve some silent dignity, which means I am often times not honest about my desires and emotions. So...morally yes? Socially no? I've been spending a few minutes of each day going through mid-20s topics I'm supposed to enjoy discussing. Like:

Should I stay in Richmond or move?
Do I have a rambling bone?
Do I want to be a morning person?
Know two stories of past accomplishments with the following keywords: shots, sex, literature, foreign, the next morning, film, volunteer, tour, so stoked, tiny show, Jolt soda
Have I grown up? Is it ok to be a different age for each season?
Which of life's secrets have I unlocked? (The answer of this never actually matters. It should probably involve some of the above keywords.)
Do I yearn for the American dream or have I rejected that as an absurdly dated ideal?

What questions did I ask of myself on the cusp of turning twenty? What questions did you ask yourself? What do these things matter but to our personal histories and as procrastination aids? Rather than moving forward with a sense of real purpose, are we acting on desire of our make-believe futures? Is that all everyone ever does? Is that the same thing?

Listening to: William Elliot Whitmore, "Diggin' My Grave"

No comments:

Post a Comment

xoxo