About Me

My photo
Richmond, Virginia, United States
Will be in school forever. Done trying to be a Wendy.

Sunday, January 31, 2010

isn't it eaaasy?

I have gotten really sucked into watching the Grammys with Marina and Jenn.

Tonight has been full of surprises- attempting to complete my "Net Gen" reading about effective multitasking, all the music, all the Taylor Swift acting humble ("thanks to my record label for letting me write all the tracks..." [You are SO real.]), and that they have only shown this hot piece TWICE over the last three and a half hours:



There's a lot of snow on the ground here in Richmond, and I had my first real SNOW DAY (!!!!) in years yesterday. My hair is dirty, my boots are soggy, and I've had plenty of time to think about art I'd like to be obtaining for my walls and books I ought to be reading.

Oh yea, and the RMIC Italian Film & Food Festival coming up February 20th. Excited to be volunteering for the 11am showing of:

"I PUGNI IN TASCA (FISTS IN THE POCKET)
Directed by Marco Bellocchio (1965, 105 mins., b&w)
Part of the Second Italian Renaissance, writer-director Bellocchio shocked Italy with this first feature – a stark and memorable portrayal of bourgeois dysfunction and murder. Burdened by his own epilepsy and as weary caregiver for his blind mother and three epileptic brothers, the hero makes a rational decision to end the family curse. This is one of the great, unheralded films to emerge from Italy in the sixties. With Lou Castel, Paola Pitagora, Marino Masestar."

No comments:

Post a Comment

xoxo